Saturday, April 7, 2007

Wait and Trust

I'm torn between two desires:
Sometimes I want to live,
and sometimes I long to go
and be with Christ.
That would be far better for me,
(Philippians 1:23, NLT)


Good Morning,

It is clear that we need to move into the community where I serve as associate pastor. Consequently, we have our home for sale. The process of waiting for someone to purchase our home requires trust that God is in control. So we wait and trust . . .

The Apostle Paul wrote of the need to trust God in the journey of life in Philippians 1:

I'm torn between two desires. Sometimes I want to live, and sometimes I long to go and be with Christ that would be far better for me: The Apostle Paul made his income as a tent maker, he illustrated the body as a tent in 2 Corinthians 5:1—
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down –
when we die and leave these bodies -- we will have a home in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. (NLT)


In other words, there is a day that we break camp on earth to move to a home in heaven. Whether Paul lived on earth or heaven became a matter of trust.

All that said, trust requires waiting for God to lead and direct our steps. Too often we try to do something on our own rather than trust God.

Relax, God is in control.
Refuse to try to do something without the leading and guiding of God.
Wait for the dynamic power of God to move you forward.
Trust God.
Trust God to bring all the details of your life together for good.

Learning with you to wait and trust,
Kerrie

(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)