Friday, April 6, 2007

Doing It All

I do it all for the sake of the gospel,
so that I may share in its blessings.
(I Corinthians 9:23)

Good Morning,

Most of us attempt to do more than we can do. Years ago one of my supervisors told me that the best way to do more is to remove the things that are less important from the to-do-list. My supervisor was very busy; however, she was busy doing the things that mattered. In the course of her life, she learned to do it all with purpose by not doing everything.

The Apostle Paul’s to-do list changed when he received the abiding presence of God. He explained that all of his doings were purposeful (I Corinthians 9:23):

I do it all for the sake of the gospel: The phrase, “for the sake,” can be translated “for the purpose.” Paul’s doing was purposeful. The gospel (Life-message), a living, dynamic force, was in the forefront, foreground, and background to all that he did.

What is the purpose of all you do?

So that I may share in its blessings: The word, “so,” explains the reason of doing it all with the purpose of communicating (sharing) the gospel (Life-message). Interacting with the living, dynamic force of the gospel is a vital component to receiving the endless riches found in Christ Jesus (study Ephesians 2:7).

Are you blessed in all you do?

Ask God to reveal the purpose of your doings on your to-do list.
Surrender the purposeless doings from your list.

Do it all with purpose.

Be blessed

Learning with you to be blessed with doing it all with purpose,
Kerrie

(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)