Friday, April 6, 2007

Revive Me

You who have made me see many troubles and calamities
will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again.
(Psalm 71:20, NRS)

Good Morning,

My grandfather died a year ago. I still miss him. He lived a portion of life without knowing the presence of God. Grandpa said he exchanged the old life for a new life when God entered his life. His life was revived through knowing God.

Those who know God are given the opportunity to be revived on a daily basis. Revived means to be:
· re-energized
· rejuvenated
· revitalized

The Psalmist described the re-energizing power of God (Psalm 71:20):

You who have made me see many troubles and calamities: God does not keep us away from difficult circumstances. He uses difficult circumstances in a variety of ways to draw us closer to Him. In turn, we come to recognize the presence of God even when times are tough. Our souls are revived with the recognition of God in tough times.
Recognize God and experience revival as rejuvenation.

Will revive me again: God continually breathes life into our soul. He breathes new life into every component of our being.
Let the Breath of Life revive you and experience revitalization.

From the depths of the earth you will bring me up again: God releases us from the depths of despair in this world.
Release yourself from the depths of the earth to be re-energized.

Take time to pray: Revive me.
Learning with you to ask God to be revived:
Kerrie

(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)