Friday, March 20, 2009

Nothing Seems To Be Working

Question to think about: Are you empowered?

They are struggling.
Actually they have spent most of their time together struggling.
No one would guess . . .
not even their children.
Throughout the years they have hidden their struggles.
Their hidden struggles have become their normal.
Except . . . it has become too hard . . .
to use all their energy . . .
to continue struggling . . .
and hiding their struggles.
Nothing is working any more.

What do we do when nothing seems to work?

Change is required. A primary component of effective change is changing our perception . . . how we view life.

We need to be honest. Do we perceive life through the power of Christ or the power of our circumstances?

John wrote of the inability of individuals to see the power of God through Jesus.
That provoked Jesus, who was teaching in the Temple, to cry out, "Yes, you think you know me and where I'm from, but that's not where I'm from. I didn't set myself up in business. My true origin is in the One who sent me, and you don't know him at all. I come from him—that's how I know him. He sent me here." (John 7:28-29, The Message)


Live empowered.
Stop struggling.
Refocus when nothing seems to be working.
Take your eyes off the circumstance.
Refuse to allow the power of the circumstance to rule your life.
Focus on Christ.
Receive the power of Christ.

Learning with you to live through the power of Christ,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)