Thursday, March 12, 2009

Do you believe what you say?

Question to think about: Do you believe what you say you believe?

I have a friend who messes with people.
He likes to discuss a controversial subject.
People defend an opposing opinion; however,
he persuades them
to change their mind.
In response to their changed mind, my friend promptly explains why he believes their original point of view.

There are individuals that do not believe what they say they believe.
Throughout the ages, people have expressed opposing beliefs about Jesus:
There was much grumbling among the crowds concerning Him;
some were saying, "He is a good man";
others were saying, "No, on the contrary, He leads the people astray."
Yet no one was speaking openly of Him for fear of the Jews.
But when it was now the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and began to teach.
The Jews then were astonished, saying,
"How has this man become learned, having never been educated?"
So Jesus answered them and said,
"My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. (John 7:12-16, NASB)


The presence and power of God was revealed as Jesus taught.
No one and nothing could change the Truth
that God had come.
Belief in Christ, God with us,
is an interactive
confidence,
trust,
and
love.
The Psalmist described living in belief:
How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living.
I'll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you've done it.
I relish everything you've told me of life,
I won't forget a word of it. (Psalm 119:9-16, The Message)

Stop.
Determine to live in belief.
Read the map and study the road signs.
Bank the promises of God in the vault of your heart.
Refuse to go bankrupt by going against the promises of God.
Delight in what God says, think about it, and don't forget a word.

Learning with you to believe,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)