Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Yes"

But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs.(Philippians 2:25, NIV)

I had a very short and concise phone conversation with a friend . . . no long drawn out discussion . . . no compromise . . . no nonsense:
“Do you want to meet for coffee?”
“Yes.”
“Can you meet in an hour?”
“Yes.”
“Do you want me to order for you?”
“Yes.”
“I will see you in an hour. Is that okay?”
“Yes.”

The Apostle Paul described Epaphroditus as a fellow worker but as a fellow soldier: But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs.
Paul and Epaphroditus had a “yes” lifestyle. They responded to the “yes” of God with “yes.” God revealed His “yes” to humanity through sending Christ Jesus to serve and save. In turn, individuals have a lifetime to respond with “yes” to God. Developing a disciplined and obedient lifestyle, enabled by the Spirit, expresses an ongoing “yes” to God.

Say “yes” throughout the day to God.
Enjoy the experience of “yes.”
Celebrate living in the power of “yes” today!

Learning with you to develop a “yes” lifestyle,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)