Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tyranny of the urgent

Question to think about: Do you have enough time?

We live in a time of urgency . . . with a now or never mind-set . . .
creating a sense of things being unfinished . . .
and an overwhelming need to
accomplish more.
Fulfillment . . .
purpose . . .
joy . . .
is missed
in the tyranny of the urgent . . . the urgent has become the dictator of society . . . and influences all of us.
One thing I am learning . . .
we have the personal responsibility to refuse to be dictated by the urgent.
How?
God invites us to abandon the urgent . . . to totally give it all to Christ . . . to really live.
"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24, NASB)
Refuse to give your life to the urgent.
Refuse to be consumed with the urgent.
Refuse to give up the joy of living for the urgent.
Live.
Learning with you to refuse to be dictated by the urgent,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)