Monday, May 4, 2009

"I"

Question to think about: Where is the "I" in your life?

She was ill.
Really sick.
At the end of her life kind of sick.
She reached out and helped an individual that needed help.
Her help gave hope.

Despite challenges, difficulties,
and adversity
there are individuals
who see beyond their own life.
The word, "I," is rarely in their conversations
or thoughts.
They are not only interested in
what is occurring in the lives of other people
but would like to make a difference.
So, they do.

How is it possible to live beyond our own adversity?

The formula is simple and powerful. The Apostle Paul said it:
"Not I, but Christ." (Galatians 2:20, KJV)

Meditate on the four words: Not . . . I . . . but . . . Christ.
What do the words mean for you?
How does the words change how you
think,
speak,
and
act?
Think Christ first.
Speak Christ.
Do as Christ would do.

Learning with you to take the "I" out,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)