Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tailgated

Question to think about: Do you see God?

I drove on old country roads last night.
An individual driving a pick-up chose to follow me,
without leaving any space between our vehicles,
shining its bright lights into my car.
Yep . . . I was tailgated.
The pick-up would not back off.
I pulled over.
The pick-up pulled over.
I turned.
The pick-up turned.

While it was annoying to be tailgated, I knew God was with me.
When we invite God into the journey of life, we are given eyes to see that God is always with us.
The presence,
power,
and peace of God is with us . . . not separate . . . not somewhere far off . . . but with us. It really is mind-boggling to think of the Creator of the universe to be personally present.
Even so . . .
When a problem tailgates us we often fail to see the presence of God.
Look again:
Be still and know God (Psalm 46:10).
Refuse to let the circumstance rule you:
Do not worry or be anxious for anything (Philippians 4:6.
Believe Christ:
I am with you always(Matthew 28:20b).
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you(Hebrews 13:5b).
Make the decision today:
"Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you." (Deuternonmy 31:6, The Message)

Learning with you to see the presence of God when a problem is tailgating,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)