Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ummm. . . HOW CAN I MAKE THEM BELIEVE ME????

Think about it: Do people believe you are living in Christ? Or do they think you live somewhere else?

I ordered some books that were to be delivered to my house yesterday. The thing is the delivery company called to tell me that the address that I had given them was incorrect . . . they did not believe that the address existed. I explained that the address is legitimate and gave them explicit directions. Last night I checked the tracking record and read their update: "Address incorrect." Nothing had changed. I called the dispatcher and confirmed the address actually was correct and repeated the directions. I checked the tracking site again this morning; their new update reads the same: "Address incorrect."

Ummmm. . . HOW CAN I MAKE THEM BELIEVE ME????

I wonder how many times I have said I believe but my actions fail to reveal the belief?

John the Baptist made the comment about Jesus: "He tells what he has seen and heard, but how few believe what he tells them!" (John 3:32)

The thing is, Christ invites us into an active participating ongoing relationship which means that we enter into a lifestyle of belief . . . thinking . . . speaking . . . and yes . . . acting in belief. Jesus calls it abiding or living in Him: If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you (John 15:7).

Belief is not about what we do but where we are at with Christ . . . do we live in Christ and in His words? Are we fully and wholly engaged in the way we think, speak, and act in Christ and in His words?
Live in Christ with nothing held back . . . all of your mind, heart, and spirit.
Filter circumstances through your belief rather than filtering your belief through your circumstances.

Learning with you to believe,
Shalom,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2008 All Rights Reserved)