Thursday, July 19, 2007

Remember to say Thank You!

. . . With thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6c, NRS)


Good Morning!

I have a complaint about driving on dark country roads. It is just down right difficult to see, especially in the isolated areas. With that in mind, you might understand that the headlights of a train startled me on my way home last night. The light pierced through the darkness, illuminating my car as well as the road. In those few moments I could see what had been hidden in the dark--an abandoned car blocking part of my lane. If it had not been for the light, I would have most likely hit the car. I am grateful for the light.

There are times that I forget to say thank you for the inbreaking power of the Light of Christ in the darkness of this world. The Light illuminates the way through any and all of the pressures and problems. Jesus said, "I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness" (John 12:46, NRSV).

Belief that Christ is the Light of the world changes how we see everything. What a difference the Light makes . . . more than enough reason to be grateful . . . and to give thanks.

Remember to say thank You for living in the Light.
Refuse to complain-- seek the Light with gratefulness.
Give thanks.
Give thanks for the inbreaking power of the Light within every circumstance.
Give thanks for the illuminating power of the Light.
Give thanks for living in the Light.

Learning with you to give thanks for living in the Light,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)