Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Grave-Dead-End-Never-Going-To-Change Lifestyle

As a result, I can really know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I can learn what it means to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that, somehow, I can experience the resurrection from the dead! (Philippians 3:10-11, NIV)

Good Morning!

I have tried to help an individual that other people typically describe as difficult and challenging. The individual sees reality from a negative view point, attempting to convince others that up is down and down is up. This individual thinks, acts, and lives with a grave--dead-end-never-going-to-change lifestyle. Most of us have encountered at least one difficult and challenging individual somewhere in the world. Let me put it this way . . . these are the people that seem to extract life out of anyone and everyone.

Anyway . . . I could not seem to help this individual until I changed. Yep . . . you got it . . . I had to change. Isn’t that just how it goes? Yikes!

After an extended session of prayer, I realized that I needed to see the difficult and challenging individual through the Resurrection. In other words, I needed to relate through the resurrected power rather than from the grave-dead-end-never-going-to-change-perspective.

The Apostle Paul equated knowing Christ as an experience of the power of the resurrection. The power of Christ’s resurrection raises an individual from their grave-dead-end-never-going-to-change lifestyle to an empowered new life of love, peace, and joy—a resurrected life. The resurrection is the leverage of living.

Relate to others through the Resurrection.
Refuse to think and see through a grave-dead-end-never-going-to-change perspective.
Celebrate the resurrected lifestyle.

Learning with you to refuse the grave--dead-end-never-going-to-change perspective,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)