Wednesday, June 20, 2007

DO NOT ENTER

I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. (Philippians 3:12, NIV)

Good Morning!

Change is not necessarily easy. Actually, change can be down-right difficult. Let’s be honest, change is relative easy without the need for personal change; however, change becomes more of a challenge when we must change to accommodate the change.

I frequently used a street before it changed from a two-way into a one-way street. Um . . . that’s not easy. Evidently my brain continues to function as if the street has remained as a two-way street. I am surprised every time I turn towards the street and see the big sign with the warning—DO NOT ENTER. Change sometimes is a literal life and death matter.

The Apostle Paul explained the only way to experience full life is to change from living without Christ to living with Christ. In turn, there is a continual process of change when an individual moves from what they have been to what they are and can become in Christ. A vital component of the transformational process includes an active and continual commitment to change the way thoughts, attitudes, words, and actions functioned without Christ, refusing to re-enter past routines and habits. The goal of change for a Christ-follower is to become all that Christ has intended.

DO NOT ENTER the way of a Christ-less lifestyle.
Enter into a lifestyle of empowered and continual change to be more like Christ.
Keep working toward all that Christ has saved you for and wants you to be.
Learning with you to refuse to enter a Christ-less way of life.
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)