Thursday, December 11, 2008

Are You Ready For God To Interrupt?

Question to think about: Are you open to the work of God in your life?

I am out-of-control-excited . . . I am finishing my last class in seminary today! Without a doubt, God led me to and through the learning process. That said, I would never have dreamed, asked, thought, or imagined the process to be a part of my life. I am surprised and grateful.

One thing I have learned: Be open to the work of God . . . which perpetuates a continual adventure.

Zachariah could not wrap his mind around what was happening to him. Do you blame him?
He was just doing his job . . . minding his business . . . when a messenger of God . . . an angel . . . pops in to tell him that God would do an all-out miracle in his life. Can you imagine?
The thing is . . . he could not believe that God do the impossible.
Do you believe that God could interrupt your life and do something you think to be impossible?
Are you open to God interrupting your life and doing something new in your life?


Think about the questions and meditate on the words:

But the angel said, "I am Gabriel, the sentinel of God, sent especially to bring you this glad news. But because you won't believe me, you'll be unable to say a word until the day of your son's birth. Every word I've spoken to you will come true on time—God's time." (Luke 1:19-20, The Message)

Are you open to the work of God?
Give up one thing (fast) until the New Year for more time and clarity with God . . . asking God how to help you be open to a divine interruption.
Wait in expectation for a new work of God in your life.

Learning with you to be ready for a divine interruption.
Shalom,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2008 All Rights Reserved)