Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Words of Comfort

For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on his shoulders. These will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
(Isaiah 9:6, NLT)

These will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor . . .

I sat in the dentist office, waiting for Timothy. To be honest, waiting while listening to drills created some discomfort. . . as I thought about the drill in my son's mouth. In the midst of the busy and professional office, the Spirit whispered words of comfort into my soul. . . “Do not worry” . . . “Be anxious for nothing.” [See Philippians 4:6]

Isn’t it amazing when the words of God take form in your mind? Those words began to my prayer . . . as God reminded me that I could trust Him through the process . . .
The prophet Isaiah told us that Christ would be our Wonderful Counselor. Accordingly, Christ told followers not to be troubled:
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you do, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. No, I will not abandon you as orphans -- I will come to you. (John 14: 16-18, NLT).
Christ-followers never need to go through anything, great or small, alone. He will guide us through every situation.
Receive the gift of the Spirit as Counselor.
Be aware of His presence.
Seek Him .
Receive His Word.
Release . . . relax . . . rejoice.

Learning with you to seek the Wonderful Counselor,
Shalom,
Kerrie

(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)