Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Risk It All

The Lord is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him.
(Exodus 15: 2, AMP)


Risk is part of living with faith for my friend. He lives in a place where faith requires a daily decision to risk everything. Under those circumstances, my friend has felt the pressure of a gun place against his head for mentioning the name of Christ. Can you imagine? One of the can-you-believe-this-happened-stories occurred when he and two of his friends decided to go to a store to share their faith. Before they entered, my friend suggested they pray. After taking the time to pray, they began to make their way in; however, the whole building blew up as they walked towards it. A bomb had been hidden at the store. The time they took praying saved their lives. That said, my friend explained, “Faith is always a risk.”

The Israelites risked all they knew about life to follow God. The people sang when God protected and delivered them:
The Lord is my strength: God attaches followers with His strength, which is the power provided for those who believe. In surrender, we find strength.
But this precious treasure -- this light and power that now shine within us -- is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own. (2 Corinthians 4:7, NLT)


The Lord is my song: The human spirit is transformed through the presence of God.
And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your actions, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations. Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed." (Revelations 15:3,4, NLT)

The Lord is my salvation: God has chosen to take action on behalf of humanity. Salvation is not attained by human effort but through the activity of God. Salvation produces the gift of restoration.
It doesn't make any difference now whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we really have been changed into new and different people.
May God's mercy and peace be upon all those who live by this principle. They are the new people of God. (Galatians 6:15,16, NLT).

Risk it all for Christ to be all in your life today.
Surrender all of your control in every situation.
Receive the power given on the cross . . . confess . . .
”Christ is my strength.”
Receive the gift of transformation through the Spirit of Christ . . . confess . . . “Christ is my song.”
Receive restoration through the peace of Christ. . . confess . . . “Christ is my salvation.”

Learning with you to risk it all for Christ,
Shalom,
Kerrie