Friday, November 2, 2007

Stay The Course

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. (Philippians 3:12-14, The Message)

Yesterday, geese, in a perfect “V” formation flew overhead. There were three geese lagging behind. They seemed to be trying to catch up, which made me wonder . . .
Were the birds lagging behind or part of a tag team?
How do the geese know which part of the “V” is their responsibility?
Do birds ever miss their deadline to fly north?
Do birds ever veer off course?

Well . . . I’m just saying . . . we might be able to learn something from our feathered friends. . . there is a purposeful rhythm in a bird’s life span . . . go north for the winter . . . south for the summer . . . purposefully staying the course . . . together.

The Message translates the Apostle Paul description of life as reaching out for Christ as God beckons us onward. Actually, this is an explanation of how to stay the course . . . in community with others.
Reach out for Christ . . .
Move onward . . .
Stay the course. . .

Learning with you to stay the course,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)