Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Remarkable

I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had no opportunity to show it. (Philippians 4:10, NRS).

Good Morning!

I know a remarkable individual. Webster’s dictionary defines the word, remarkable, as “worthy of being or likely to be noticed especially as being uncommon or extraordinary.” Accordingly, a remarkable individual lives beyond the boring, mundane, routine, and monotonous tendencies of humanity. That said, living a remarkable life does not require a change in circumstances or challenges. Rather, a remarkable life is lived through the remarkable presence of God.

The Apostle Paul commented on the revived concern the Philippians had for him. Certainly, he remarkably impacted their lives through the presence of Christ in his own life. He was born with a purpose and remarkably lived with purpose. Paul explained, “But then something happened! For it pleased God in his kindness to choose me and call me, even before I was born! What undeserved mercy! Then he revealed his Son to me so that I could proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. When all this happened to me, I did not rush out to consult with anyone else . . .” (Galatians 1:15-16, NLT).

Remarkable. The revelation of Christ turned the Apostle Paul’s life upside-down—--he experienced transformation. There is nothing ordinary about living in and through the presence of Christ. A life lived for Christ is absolutely and unequivocally remarkable.

Take time to increase your awareness of the remarkable presence of Christ.
Stop. Be still. Connect with Christ.
Refuse to live a boring, mundane, routine, and monotonous minute.
Surrender every minute to Christ.
Experience a remarkable day--minute by minute--through the presence of Christ.
Impact others through the remarkable presence of Christ in your life.
Have a remarkable day!


Learning with you to live remarkably through the remarkable presence of Christ,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)