Thursday, February 26, 2009

Full Meal

Question to think about: Do you want the full meal deal?

The full meal deal is big business.
But, do we have all the information?
Does the full meal deal provide what is needed to be healthy?
The full meal deal often puts the heart at risk.

We might deny it . . . but the short-term deal often takes precedence over the long-term results. Businesses are counting on it.

The season of Lent provides an opportunity to evaluate our spiritual health. We need to think how something changes our life not only in the short-term but in the long-term of life.
Does your response to circumstances lead to health and wholeness?
What is the condition of your heart (personality, passion, desire, energy, intellect, and will)?
In the short term, accumulating and attaining the stuff of life might look like the full meal deal. Christ, God with us, explained:
The one who brings a hearty appetite to this eating and drinking has eternal life and will be fit and ready for the Final Day. My flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. By eating my flesh and drinking my blood you enter into me and I into you. In the same way that the fully alive Father sent me here and I live because of him, so the one who makes a meal of me lives because of me. This is the Bread from heaven. Your ancestors ate bread and later died. Whoever eats this Bread will live always.(John 6: 54-58, The Message)


There is more to life than what we accumulate and attain. Without Christ,the hunger for more is never satisfied
When we fully engage with the presence and power of Christ
with
all of our mind
all of our heart
all of our soul
all of our strength
we are fulfilled.

Stop.
Evaluate your spiritual condition.
Are you healthy?
What is the condition of your heart?
Do you have a spiritual appetite for the Bread of Life?
Seek Christ for your daily Bread.

Learning with you to hunger for the Bread of Life,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)