Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Power of Change

As they approached, Jesus said, "Here comes an honest man -- a true son of Israel."
"How do you know about me?" Nathanael asked. And Jesus replied, "I could see you under the fig tree before Philip found you."
Nathanael replied, "Teacher, you are the Son of God -- the King of Israel!" (John 1: 47-49, NLT)


Life can be difficult. I have a list of people to pray for that are facing impossibilities, challenges, and hardship. To some people prayer means nothing but a polite formality; however, through faith and experience I know prayer is the power and force of change. Nothing that we do will replace the power found in prayer, a meeting with God.
The thing is, the person that meets with God in prayer always changes.

John records the dramatic change in Nathanael during his meeting with Jesus. Nathanael was overwhelmed that Jesus already knew him. It had to be the most profound moment to not only realize Jesus was the Messiah but that the Messiah knew him. Can you imagine how it would have felt to be in Nathanael's place? He was known.

Likewise, God knows you and I . . . waiting to meet and to move into our experiences of life with a power that is more than can be thought about, asked for, or imagined. The Apostle Paul wrote:
Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome. So please don't despair because of what they are doing to me here. It is for you that I am suffering, so you should feel honored and encouraged. When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 3:12-14, NLT)

Meet with God today: Pray.

Learning with you about the power of change through prayer,
Shalom,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2008 All Rights Reserved)