Thursday, June 19, 2008

God Always Makes A Way

But his mother told the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." (John 2:5, NLT)

There are some conversations that we never forget. Years ago, I had weekly meetings with a pastor that was twice my age. Our conversations often revolved around a conference that I led. I would bring up one problem after another to which he responded, "And?"

Regardless of the problem, he would respond, "And?"

On more than one occasion, I would say, "Seriously, are you kidding me? I need to figure this out!"

Eventually, I understood. I approached the problem as if it were impossible and there was no way to make it through . . . as if the power of God was not at work. I learned that God always makes a way . . . there is always a solution. Always.

John wrote about the scene when Jesus turned water into wine. A powerful sentence is slipped in: "Do whatever he tells you." Mary recognized the power at work through the person of Jesus. She understood that there was a solution to the problem through Jesus.

The Apostle Paul referred to this same kind of power from the Greek word, dynamis. The English translation could be considered to be dynamic, which describes continual energy and activity. Those who follow Christ experience life through dynamis, which is explained in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NLT)

Change or transformation occurs in life when we realize that nothing is impossible, there is always a solution, and that through the power of God we can find a way.

Evaluate your circumstances.
Ask the question, "And?"
Believe that God will make a way through the power that can only be found in Him.
Seek His way.

Learning with you to remember that God always makes a way,
Shalom,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2008 All Rights Reserved)