Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sing With The Mountains

I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. (Lamentations 3:20)

Sometimes I can't believe the horrible circumstances that people endure. In my perspective, the worst of any hardship occurs when children are part of it. Accordingly, the adults in this world need to make sure children are protected and loved, even at the risk of their own comfort and happiness.

The writer of Lamentations, describes horrific circumstances, writing, "My eyes fail from weeping, I am in torment within, my heart is poured out on the ground because my people are destroyed, because children and infants faint in the streets of the city" (Lamentations 2:11, NIV).

The image of children and infants on the streets of the city depict utter destruction and devastation. Remembering this kind of event creates an unspeakable and life altering pain.

Relief from pain of this magnitude comes through God's liberation and restoration. We are promised freedom and restoration through a relationship with God.

This is what the LORD says: "In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances,to say to the captives, 'Come out,' and to those in darkness, 'Be free!' "They will feed beside the roads and find pasture on every barren hill.They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water. I will turn all my mountains into roads, and my highways will be raised up. See, they will come from afar-- some from the north, some from the west, some from the region of Aswan." Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!

For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. (Isaiah 49:8-13, NIV).


Restoration of the land was to occur through returning to a relationship with God.
Participating in a relationship with God liberates humanity from the pain of whatever holds us captive (hurts, habits, and circumstances), moving us out of the darkness into the light with sustenance and refreshment.
Receive the comfort and compassion of God and sing with the mountains . . . God frees and restores all of His children!

Learning with you to sing with the mountains ,
Shalom,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2008 All Rights Reserved)