Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stand Your Ground

Question to think about: Do you stand your ground?

It was dark . . . late at night.
I could hear footsteps behind me as I made my way into the hospital to visit an individual.
I startled the man when I turned around and said,
"Can I help you?"
He stuttered and said, "Ummm. . . I noticed the Bible in your hand."
I replied, "Walk with me and we will talk."
We walked into the hospital talking about God.

I don't know what the man was originally thinking . . .
but
I do know that we are not to fear,
facing who or what pursues us . . .
standing our ground through the presence and power of Christ.

Jesus did not fear what the religious rulers might do. He stood his ground.

But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
(John 8:7-8, NABB)


Jesus stood His ground.
He faced the attackers.
He did not give into to their divisiveness.
He spoke in truth.

Stop.
Refuse to fear who or whatever is divisive.
Face the fear through the presence of Christ.
Stand your ground in the strength and power of the Spirit of Christ.


Learning with you to stand the ground,
Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2009 All Rights Reserved)