Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Croak and Leap

“Don't hide your light under a basket! Put it on a stand where it gives light to everyone in the house.” (Matthew 5:15b, NLT).

Lately, we have been serenaded by a frog croaking on our front porch; however, the frog leaps away whenever we open the front door. Frogs are not the only ones that croak and leap. Stay with me on this one . . . it is much easier to complain about how things are going than to be a part of a solution.

Ultimately, our beliefs are communicated more through our actions than through our words. The abiding light of Christ is seen through our attitude and actions. Jesus made it clear that our light needs to be clearly seen. Illumination of the light of Christ requires a daily discipline to surrender the details of the day and our response.

Take time to be still and know God.
Breathe.
Focus on the presence of Christ.
Pray: Christ Jesus, will You illuminate Your Light through my life today? Reveal what I need to surrender so Your light is illuminated. I surrender the details of the day. I give every thought, word, attitude, and action to You. I commit to reveal the light of Your presence in my response to every detail of the day.

Learning with you to illuminate the light of Christ rather than to croak and leap,

Kerrie
(All devotions written by Kerrie Palmer ©2007 All Rights Reserved)